Implementing ControlLogix PIDE Simulator

Best VPN

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Fred Graham Fred (a.k.a. PLCGuru) 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jim Manley
    Jim Manley
    Karma Points: 162

Nothing is ever as easy as it should be…

I am following along with the PIDE video series.

I was able to get the emulator set up and open the ACD file. (Had to change the firmware version to 30.01.)

I opened the PID_SimPanel project in FactoryTalk View Studio but when I attempted to place the Emulator in slot 0 (about 6 minutes into the video), I get the attached error.

Any suggestions?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Jim.

First, thank you for supporting this project, and yes…sometimes videos make things look easier then they actually are (the power of post-processing!). Let’s work together to get this resolved for you.

First, it is expected that you will be updating the controller revision and FTV project file to a later version. These were developed intentionally in the earlier versions for maximum portability.

Next, by default the emulator software is likely going to place your controller in slot 2 not slot 0 as I’ve done in the video. You will need to move the RSLinx module as shown into a different slot (I used slot 8) and then assign the controller to Slot 0.

Can you confirm that these steps are complete and then we’ll move on from there.

Fred

Jim Manley
    Jim Manley
    Karma Points: 162

Managed to fix the problem.  The design indicated there was an emulator was in slot 2 and slot 0.

I had to use the FT View Studio RSLinx Enterprise Communication Setup to remove the emulator from slot 0 then move the emulator in slot 2 to slot 0.

Looks like you beat me to the punch! Great stuff, let’s keep this thread alive in case there are other question that come up along the way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.